Monday, September 27, 2010

Blog (G)- Geometric Thinking




As i was being introduced to this topic, i said to myself "OMG, i have forgotten all my geometry!" But as the lecturer allowed us to figure out the problem to finding the interior angle in a pentagon, my memory was refreshed and i was slowly able to figure out the equation. It was interesting to see how my classmates tried to figure and solve the sums. It reminded me of my children in the classroom, all trying their luck to get the special "cookie" :)

 
A pentagon has 5 sides, and can be made from three triangles, so you know what ...
... its internal angles add up to 3 × 180° = 540°
And if it is a regular pentagon (all angles the same), then each angle is 540° / 5 = 108°
(Exercise: make sure each triangle here adds up to 180°, and check that the pentagon's internal angles add up to 540°)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment